Brianna is officially a Bluebird! She had her preschool Welcome Days Tuesday and Thursday of this week at our church. She was very excited Monday night - asked me if she got to get on a bus to go to school. When I told her that she didn't have to take a bus because I would take her, she said "I don't want you to take me!" Then she proceeded to keep telling me that she didn't want me to go with her on the way there Tuesday morning. It was a different story once we walked into the door though. I thought she would be fine because she is used to being in that classroom every Sunday during church. I think the number of people was just overwhelming to her. She teared up and was telling me she wanted to go home for about 10 minutes. She got more comfortable as we started playing with some toys. Then the kids all got to sit in a circle for some songs, which she enjoyed. She especially liked getting her school bag before we left Tuesday morning. She keeps telling me she wants to put some stuff in it :-) Here are some pictures from her first day.


Thursday was a whole new day. She was ready to go to school and excited about singing songs again. She asked me to take her picture in front of the Bluebird sign again as we walked in, and she played well the whole time we were there. This coming Tuesday will be the first time I have to leave her there by herself...keeping my fingers crossed that it goes well!!
Waiting patiently for a sticker from Ms. Lana
No comments:
Post a Comment